No Longer Accepting Applications
- Develop, build, and maintain relationships with current and prospective sponsors by prospecting, cold calling, holding client meetings, cultivating relationships and continual follow-up in person or by phone or other method and in writing and presenting sponsorship proposals.
- Provide weekly evaluation of progress against set goals; reporting may include call/meeting reports, prospect lists, and other sales related information.
- Develop and present corporate sponsorship proposals, collateral materials, and audio/visual resources.
- Research and develop a list of candidates for potential corporate partnerships via multiple prospecting methods and resources.
- Negotiate corporate relationships for the Portland Winterhawks organization including television and streaming audio, signage, game night promotions, game title sponsorships, digital assets, in-venue and out of-venue promotions and fan engagement, and promotional rights.
- Interface with other employees to ensure fulfillment of corporate partner program commitments as outlined in partnership agreements.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Game Operations, and Community Events personnel to ensure the high-quality implementation and execution of marketing and promotional assets as they pertain to corporate sponsors.
- Ensure adherence to special events and promotional budgets, particularly as they relate to the execution of corporate programs.
- Perform additional duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Vice President of Corporate Partnerships.
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, many job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club’s offices on a regular basis and not in a telecommuting manner.
- Position also requires frequent and regular visits to current and prospective sponsor offices and elsewhere away from the Club’s offices to make proposals and participate in follow-up meetings, venue tours to demonstrate available inventory, etc. Position requires excellent presentation skills, professional appearance, and business attire.
- Attend Winterhawks home games and events including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Possess a passion for prospecting, pitching, negotiating, and closing sales in a competitive environment.
- A proven record achieving and exceeding sales goals.
- Strong and decisive decision-making abilities, including sponsorship investment development and allocation, resource expenditure, staffing, and policies and procedures.
- Must be high-energy, initiative-taking, service-oriented and highly competitive with a desire to grow their revenue and income.
- Strong organizational and time management skills for managing multiple tasks with multiple priorities in a deadline-dependent environment.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications.
- Ability to create and maintain solid professional working relationships internally and externally with potential and existing clients.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software applications and other software and/or apps as required.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.