No Longer Accepting Applications
The Rockford IceHogs have an immediate opening as an American Hockey League Off-Ice Official for the 2022-23 season and serve as a liaison between the on-ice officials and the teams before, during and after preseason, regular season, and postseason games at the BMO Harris Bank Center. Off-ice officials are responsible for ensuring official team rosters, game statistics, time-on-ice and other duties assigned and produce and record, in a timely manner, all game functions (game clock, penalty clock, etc.) in in conjunction with the bylaws of the game and the American Hockey League (AHL).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate with AHL On-Ice Officials, Rockford IceHogs and visiting hockey operations to review game rosters, starting line-ups, statistics and any changes before, during and after each game
- Setup, test and operate all technical equipment including AHL review systems, game computer and time-on-ice computers and printers.
- Review official scoresheet for accuracy and coordinate any and all changes with the AHL On-Ice Officials and the IceHogs and visiting hockey operations departments.
- Track and record in-game statistics, including goals, assists, shots, plus-minus, penalties, power plays, penalty kills, time-on-ice, etc. in conjunction with American Hockey League (AHL) rules.
- Award points, plus-minus, penalties, shots and saves based on in-game proceedings
- Operate the official game clock and keep record of all penalties and all penalty situations
- Track and maintain IceHogs and visiting unofficial time-on-ice reports
- Manage home and visiting penalty boxes and serve as goal judges
- Prior knowledge and/or experience with ice hockey.
Skills and Abilities:
- Complete understanding of the sport of hockey, specifically the American Hockey League, including rules, regulations, and bylaws and scoring.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple projects at once in a professional manner.