No Longer Accepting Applications
AEG and the Ontario Reign seek an Off-Ice Official. The AHL Off-Ice Official serves as a part-time liaison between the officials and the teams before, during and after preseason, regular season and postseason games. The Off-Ice Official is responsible for ensuring official team rosters, game statistics, time-on-ice and other assigned duties and produces and records, in a timely manner, all game functions (game clock, penalty clock, etc.) in conjunction with the bylaws of the game and the American Hockey League (AHL).
- Coordinate with AHL On-Ice Officials, Ontario Reign and visiting hockey operations to review game rosters, starting line-ups, statistics and any changes before, during and after each game.
- Setup, test and operate all technical equipment including AHL review systems, game computer and time-on-ice computers and printers.
- Review official scoresheet for accuracy and coordinate any changes with the AHL On-Ice Officials and the Reign and visiting hockey operations departments.
- Track and record in-game statistics, including goals, assists, shots, plus-minus, penalties, power plays, penalty kills, time-on-ice, etc. in conjunction with American Hockey League (AHL) rules. Award points, plus-minus, penalties, shots and saves based on in-game proceedings.
- Operate the official game clock and record all penalties and penalty situations. Track and maintain Reign and visiting unofficial time-on-ice reports. Manage home and visiting penalty boxes and serve as goal judges.
The Off-Ice Official must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and abilities:
- Must have a complete understanding of the sport of ice hockey, specifically the American Hockey League, including rules, regulations, bylaws and scoring.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple projects at once in a professional manner.