No Longer Accepting Applications
LADF is in the midst of an exciting period of growth and seeks a Director of Development to lead all aspects of the Foundation’s fundraising. Working closely with the CEO, the Director of Development is responsible for driving the fundraising function of the foundation across grant-based giving, individual giving, in-stadium giving, and events.
Title: Director of Development
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- Working in collaboration with the CEO, set the annual development strategy for LADF, which includes identifying approaches for dividing and handling donor outreach and cultivation for high value donors, sponsors, and partners in major gifts.
- In partnership with the CEO, COO and CPO, establish expectations and priorities for the Development function. Engage cross-functionally with other leaders in the organization to understand how the Development function supports the mission of the foundation.
- Serve as the primary driver for foundation gifts to LADF, individual giving, and grant-based fundraising efforts, including donor identification/research, cultivation, making asks, reporting, and stewardship.
- Lead all fundraising events (Blue Diamond Gala, LADF 5k/10k run, breakfasts/luncheons, fan-based events, campaigns, Dodger spouses’ events, etc.).
- Manage the Supervisor, Development to coordinate in-stadium fundraising (50/50 raffle, ribbon boards, online auction, silent auction, sweepstakes, message boards, retail and customer service), in addition to Associates and/or Consultants assigned annually.
- Supervise the Coordinator, Development, to provide administrative and logistical support for all aspects of the Development function, including data and event support.
- Ensure that accurate and timely data and records are maintained in Salesforce. Identify, craft, and maintain effective systems for the organization’s management of Development activities.
- Provide regular reporting on the Development function’s activities.
- Serve on the Leadership Team, which includes the CEO, COO, CPO and other Director-level team members across the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven experience directly raising significant funds in a nonprofit and/or foundation setting.
- Demonstrated experience leading a multi-pronged development operation, including large-scale fundraising events, major gifts, sponsorships, and foundation giving.
- Experience navigating the Los Angeles philanthropic community, including relationships with donor, partners, or sponsors.
- Ability to work in partnership with a CEO to manage donor relationships collaboratively.
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience using data to drive development efforts and using systems to ensure effective communication and accessibility to the cross-functional team that contributes to the development effort.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Strong passion for and dedication to LADF’s mission, programs, and values.
- Ability to work a non-traditional schedule, which includes nights, weekends, and some home games