No Longer Accepting Applications
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Review posting journals to ensure the accuracy of payables, billing and payroll prior to posting to general ledger.
- Assist VP of Finance with the preparation of monthly journal entries and review of general ledger activity, ensuring an accurate and timely period end close.
- Assist with the preliminary review of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled accurately and timely each month.
- Ensure revenue accounts are reconciled to Archtics and Salesforce after each major event
- Collaborate with other department managers to support overall speedway goals and objectives.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Assist President/GM and other department managers with inquiries regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Gain an understanding of the nuances of the speedway in order to be an effective member of the management team.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- 3-5 years’ experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
- Must be PC proficient. Experience with Open Systems or other large accounting system a plus. Must have strong experience and proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work as a team member within the finance department as well as within the organization. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must be organized, accurate, detail oriented, have strong analytical skills, and ability to prioritize tasks with an energetic and self-motivated attitude
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and in a fast pace environment and meet deadlines.