No Longer Accepting Applications
The HR Administrative & Employee Engagement Coordinator is responsible for providing reception and HR support to the LA Kings and Ontario Reign Business Operations and Hockey Operations staff. This includes front line servicing of staff, vendors, and visitors. The position requires daily communication and interaction with internal and external clients, executives, high profile athletes, and guests. In addition, this position will be responsible for the implementation of our employee engagement & inclusion initiatives. This position will be the first face staff and visitors see when they visit our offices, acting as a direct representation of our brand!
- Maintain administrative office operations including: answering multi-line telephone, daily opening and closing of office, assisting guests and employees, conference room bookings, sorting through HR mail; Anticipate office closures and adjust schedules and deliveries accordingly; Answer & explain general Los Angeles Kings related questions; use proper discretion and screen calls appropriately
- Act as liaison between the Toyota Sports Performance Center building staff and the LA Kings staff; including coordination and scheduling of conference room set-up, facilitating repairs and maintenance requests, and other one-off requests as they arise.
- Support Business Operations, IT, and HR departments by updating internal company intranet.
Employee Engagement & Inclusion and HR Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the HR Team, deliver comprehensive culture and employee engagement workforce solutions. Including but not limited to birthday celebrations, anniversary recognition, wedding gifting, new baby gifting, national holiday celebrations, etc.
- Plan, produce and execute employee events & inclusion initiatives and communicate to LA Kings and Ontario Reign Staff. This includes conducting external research to assist the team with creative and new Employee Engagement ideas.
- Assist in the planning & facilitation of company trainings and events that educate and build a community around inclusion. This includes working closely with the AEG Corporate Diversity, Equity & Inclusion team on projects and initiatives to ensure consistent implementation of company-wide initiatives.
- Assist with recruitment for the AEG Internship program
- Assist with HR administrative items such as updating the office seating chart, EDD requests, employment verifications, running reports, file maintenance, etc.
- Assist with employee onboarding items such as prepping swag bags, ordering business cards and name plates, desk set up, welcome emails for new hires, and other projects as assigned.
The HR Administrative & Employee Engagement Coordinator must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and abilities:
- Highly motivated, self-starter with the ambition to anticipate and address office needs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; ability to learn required business systems
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Engaging personality; Prior customer service experience required
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with high level executives and high-profile individuals
- Knowledge of the LA Kings brand preferred