The Maintenance Technician, Carpenter, is responsible for all aspects of facility maintenance. Reporting to the Director, Operations & Maintenance, the Maintenance Technician, Carpenter has responsibility for the planning, execution and follow up of all facility maintenance, repairs and conversions.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the execution of corrective and preventative work relating to:
- Door Systems – Automatic and Manual
- Plumbing (Basic)
- Electrical (Basic)
- Wall and Ceiling systems
- Building Envelope
- Arena Dasher Board Systems
- Create and update Computerized Maintenance Management System records to document work, including providing feedback to requestors as required.
- Manage purchasing within budgetary guidelines.
- Maintain inventory of repair equipment and supplies.
- Support and direct contracted work as applicable.
- Other maintenance tasks as required.
- Available on “on-call” basis during off hours for emergency situation
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Trade certification is considered a strong asset.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a maintenance role.
- Experience in Sports and Entertainment Venues considered an asset.
- Expertise with operating a variety of equipment including hand and power tools is required.
- Familiarity with Arena Dasher Systems considered an asset.
- Physically capable of lifting 50 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships with a multitude of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to effectively balance competing priorities and triage appropriately.
- Effective team player; humble, hungry, smart, and self-aware.
- Sound ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.