The Birmingham Squadron are looking for their In-Game Public Address Announcer (PA Announcer). The Birmingham Squadron PA Announcer will work under the supervision, guidance and direction of the Manager of Game Experience and will service as an in-game personality for all Squadron home games including regular season and playoffs. The In-Game PA Announcer will abide by all NBA / NBA G League rules and procedures and follow the requests of Birmingham Squadron staff and sponsors. Whether they are assisting with contests & promotions or interacting with ticketholders, their voice, personality and presence will need to effortlessly draw people in. This seasonal, part-time position reports to the Manager of Game Experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the In-Game PA Announcer during Birmingham Squadron home games;
- Work all scheduled home games as well as attend pre-game rehearsals, meetings and special events;
- Understand scripts and basketball related information in order to deliver a flawless performance;
- Closely monitor the game flow and on-court action at all times;
- Interpret the officials calls throughout the game and communicate all calls back to the audience;
- Keeps track of the all of the official’s calls such as fouls, technicals, bonus, ejections, etc through game day spreadsheet.
- Announce starting line-ups, Pre-game, in-game and post-game announcements, public address announcements, presentations, sponsorship announcements, contests, and coming events;
- Maintain a well-groomed appearance that aligns with the Squadron brand.
- Extensive experience working as on-camera talent
- Prior experience working as a basketball PA Announcer is a bonus
- Strong, clear vocal ability that’s suitable for in-arena
- read carefully, clearly and ad-lib when necessary
- Can easily follow strict timing and adjust when necessary
- Experience with microphone systems
- Strong knowledge of the Birmingham market and Birmingham Squadron team along with our corporate partners
- Must have positive attitude and represent the brand in a professional manner;
- Must be able to work with all levels of management, staff, fans, etc
- Comfort engaging with, and announcing to, large crowds