To display excellent knowledge and techniques in all aspects of the painting and drywall trade. Ability to work with minimal supervision and instruction. Physically able to handle painting supplies and equipment. Must be able to work on ladders, scaffolding, and lifts without apprehension. May be required to assist other trades as necessary to complete tasks when additional personnel is required. Performs other duties as required or assigned. Must be able to work any shift 24 hours a day seven days a week, including holidays.
- Maintain records, schedules, charts, etc., as required to ensure proper and timely preventive maintenance or repair of components, systems, and structures
- Ensure correct procedures are being followed and provide assistance when necessary
- Assist in preparing purchase orders for materials, tools, equipment, spare parts, and supplies, etc.
- Install and repair drywall
- Prep all paintable surfaces
- Brush, roll, or spray any or all paints and varnishes
- Tape, trim caulk, glazing windows, door, trim, etc.
- Clean and maintain all painting-related equipment and supplies
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as stated in the "Facility Services Policies and Procedures Manual"
- Performs other duties as required or as assigned by the General Maintenance Lead or Manager
- Provides requested input to help in developing annual planning for capital expenditures
- Review all available material to discover ways that improvements can be made in the painting department
- Recommends changes to the General Maintenance Lead or Manager regarding own position description and job requirements for future management considerations
- Must be aware of personnel requirements for the painting department and make recommendations for changes
- All assigned work projects must be performed to the highest standard as set forth by Atlanta Hawks, Building Operations with the primary goal of consistently high quality, accurate and neat job performance