Softball Canada requires an energetic and ambitious individual for an exciting position within our office in Ottawa. In this position, you will apply your creativity and expertise to the promotion of the sport of softball. The Manager – Communications is responsible for the effective management of Softball Canada’s communications initiatives including, but not limited to, promotional programs, media relations, website development, social media, content management, database management, translation, as well as being a liaison with the Board of Directors, Provincial/Territorial staff, and other Softball Canada and National Team staff.
- Develop promotional programs and services.
- Oversee media relations for the organization.
- Develop and manage content (visual and written) for the organization’s website and social media platforms.
- Oversee the organization’s Brand Guideline standards across all program areas.
- Contribute and deliver on initiatives related to Softball Canada’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Action Plan.
- Oversee translation (English/French) for all of Softball Canada documents and resources.
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary degree in kinesiology, sport management, public relations, graphic design, journalism or related programs.
- Experience in any of the following areas:
- Graphic design, photo/video editing
- Program development, delivery and promotion
- Event management
- Experience working with volunteers
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams) and Adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Spark) or other photo/video editing software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both official languages (English and French)
- A creative self-starter with the ability to work independently or as a part of a team
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills with the ability to work on a large number of projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Flexible to work evenings/weekends as required