- Assist in the maintenance and care of the stadium and practice field’s ground, landscape, ornamental and xeriscape.
- Assist in maintenance programs for irrigation, irrigation system, weeds control, turf repair, sod removal, renovation and install.
- Responsible for all grass cutting, cutting procedures, as well as pruining and trimming of trees, shrubs, and hedges.
- Mow, edge, verticut, topdress, and brush fields on an as needed basis.
- Conduct debris removal on fields and walkways during event and non-event days.
- Inspect fleet of equipment during and after each use. Ensure proper maintenance and operation on all turf equipment, tractor, top-dresser, mowers, aerator, and any PTO driven equipment.
- Water fields, trees, or plants, using portable sprinkler systems, hoses, or watering tanks.
- Care for artificial turf fields - periodically removing the turf, replacing cushioning pads, or vacuuming and disinfecting the turf after use to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Mark design boundaries and paint natural or artificial turf fields with lines, team logos, and names prior to event.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or its equivalency preferred.
- Must have a valid driver license (to drive gator and carts in/around the facility).
- Ability to mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, or trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Knowledgeable in usage of hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, backpack blowers, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes.
- Familiar with operation vehicles or powered equipment such as mowers, tractors, twin axel vehicles, work truck, sod cutters.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive relationships across all levels.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English - both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and bend for long period of time unassisted.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs unassisted.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays required.
- Proficient in Spanish is a plus.