The Social Media Marketing Manager is a full-time position, who reports to the Marketing Director. The manager is tasked with creating content for team publications, events, audio and video productions, and digital outlets. The manager will assist the Marketing Director with Hooks marketing strategies and serve as copywriter for all Hooks material.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage logins and access for all Hooks social channels.
- Set organic posting schedule with content specific to each individual social media platform.
- Collaborate with sales/ticketing, season members, sponsorship, retail, community relations, media relations and marketing on content strategy and execution.
- Strong knowledge and use of social media KPIs for analysis and how to use these to influence content.
- Monitor and respond to comments and messages.
- Creates content and maintains edits on website.
- Provide copy for all sales and marketing channels, including radio, TV, email, social media and print.
- Provide programming for the Winter Baseball Banquet & other team events.
- Author content for gameday program, media guide & other club publications.
- Set distribution schedule and content strategy.
- Write email copy and coordinate graphics production.
- Collect metrics for analysis.
- 1+ years’ of social media and digital advertising experience in a professional setting is required (2+ years preferred).
- Strong desire to stay up to date with current social media/digital advertising trends.
- Effective communicator across multiple departments.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish) skills are a plus.
- Basic graphic design experience (Photoshop/Illustrator).
- In-depth understanding of the game of baseball.
- Ability to work all Hooks home games, plus special events.
- Ability to work long hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Overall positive attitude and outlook.
- Extensive knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Snapchat and willingness to learn developing platforms.
- An understanding of the broader marketing mix and what role social media can play in it.