Reporting to the Manager, Venues as a member of the 2023 Canada Winter Games team, the Assistant Coordinator, Venues will provide project support for a variety of Venues initiatives within both the staff and volunteer portfolios.
This role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Assisting Venues, Coordinator plan activities related to the development of each venue, including the development of venues commissioning and decommissioning schedules.
- Support the commissioning and decommissioning at sport competition venues at Games time.
- Support the Coordinators, Sport and Venue with developing venue operations manuals.
- Help design role-specific training for the volunteers who will be working during the Games.
- Executing all responsibilities in a manner which is consistent with the Mission, Vision and values of the 2023 PEI Canada Winter Games
- Assisting the Coordinator, Warehouse in various warehouse initiatives including: inventory control activities, receiving procedures, space planning, receiving and monitoring all inbound and outbound deliveries.
- Being a fully engaged team member with a goal of positive and healthy relationships in the workplace
- Previous work or volunteer experience in sports, administration, warehouse management is an asset.
- Exceptional skills in analyzing, organizing, and communicating (oral and written)
- Strong planning, coordination, administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with both staff and volunteers, with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, team environment where duties and reporting levels are shared
- Energetic self-starter; takes initiative and can work with minimum direction and supervision
- Familiarity with Google Suite
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly dynamic and deeply collaborative environment, moving seamlessly between many simultaneous and concurrent tasks, operations and requests