The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining Company financial records within the accounting software system and ensuring all records are accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Analyze and reconcile bank statements and general ledgers.
- Prepare and upload journal entries.
- Maintain and record fixed asset records to ensure accuracy.
- Assist with monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Participate in the month-end close process, including reporting and distribution of financials and review with financial stakeholders.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable ledger including invoicing, collections and working directly with customers and internal sales team.
- Support the annual budget process by managing related tools and templates and participating in business strategy meetings.
- Assist in preparation of MLS related reporting (post-game reporting, etc.).
- Assist in preparation of audit requests.
- Prepare tax related filings.
- Assist with ad-hoc requests.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.