Our Community Relations and Hockey Partnerships team is small but mighty. While our organization’s mission is to create a Greater State of Hockey, our team has the responsibility and good fortune of bringing our mission to life on a daily basis. The Community Relations and Hockey Partnerships intern plays a pivotal role in many of our community outreach, youth hockey and educational programs.
As our Community Relations Intern, YOU WILL:
- Coordinate and assist in the execution of several key department initiatives. Our business is always in motion, and we count on you to be a keeper of the details to make sure what we plan happens. We have multiple events that connect our community to our business each year, including Hockey Fights Cancer, Girls Hockey Weekend, Military Appreciation Night, and Charity of the Month, among others. You will work with partners and internal teams, providing them with the information they need to pull off the event. You will communicate details for the events to the right stakeholders to ensure our events go off without a hitch. Your focus and relentless dedication allow our attendees meaningful, first-class experiences.
- Work with community partners to further relationships. Our community partners are stewards in the community and a huge focus of our business. You will assist in executing our various educational programs, including Faceoff For Fitness, Wild About Reading, Future Goals, and more. You will also assist with other community relations activities, including charitable donations and fan mail. You’ll follow up with our partners after the events to continue to review the experience and continue building relationships and connections. You’ll triage our community relations email inbox, assist with the fulfillment of donation requests and more.
- Connect and communicate with internal partners on events. You will work closely with our various internal departments, like marketing, the Wild Foundation, corporate, etc., to update them on community events. You’ll work with our internal teams to ensure that the right information is updated on our website and social media. You’ll work closely with our team dog, ensuring he gets where he needs to be during the workday, events and games.
- Ability to work extended hours (40+ hours per week at times) including evenings, weekends, and holidays and present for games and events
- Ability to lift 20 pounds, and occasionally up to 40) and be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc.
- Ability to work with team dog during office hours and select games is required
- Hockey/skating experience preferred but not required
- By the ADA, the physical requirements for this role are listed above. Should an accommodation be requested, MSE will evaluate the request and provide reasonable accommodation in accordance with the ADA.
- Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class