No Longer Accepting Applications
- The Percussion Tech will work closely with and regularly communicate with the Percussion Instructor and Music Director for all drumline and percussion activities and performances.
- Assist the Percussion Instructor with the following duties:
- Music rehearsals – teach and rehearse all percussion instruments, with a focus on technical and visual aspects.
- Lead sectionals and sub-sectionals as needed.
- Marching rehearsals – assist in teaching marching basics and drill.
- Tuning and maintenance of all instruments.
- Maintain inventory of percussion supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Provide leadership support aligned with our core values including leading rehearsals as needed.
- Facilitate the movement of the drumline between the stands and field during games.
- Other related tasks as assigned.
- Extensive percussion experience required, with marching band experience preferred.
- Previous experience with instructing/teaching percussion preferred.
- Availability for practices, home games, and other commitments.
- Ability to tune/replace drumheads and do minor repairs on drumline equipment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead on a 1:1 and group basis is required.
- The ability to collaborate effectively in a fast paced and dynamic work environment is required.
- Strong organizational skills as well as effective time management required.