The USA Triathlon (USAT) Sports Program internship is a unique and exciting opportunity to get real as part of a sports development team of a National Governing Body (NGB). The Sports Program intern works directly with the Sports Development team (NCAA Triathlon and Age Group Team USA). During the semester, the USAT intern will be afforded the opportunity to develop and apply skills in various areas including but not limited to recruiting combines and Talent ID programming targeting athletes, assisting with communications various constituents in the sport including at the high school, collegiate and post college levels, filling gaps in NCAA areas of need, and working on institutions retention and recruitment.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn the daily functions of the Sports Development department
- Serve as the lead for the NCAA Nationals Banquet in Tempe, Arizona, November 12 weekend
- Manage the USAT NCAA Recruitment program
- Manage the NCAA AD and SWA data bases
- Create content for high school triathlete newsletters.
- Manage invoices for grants for programs
- Be the lead on all Name, Image and Likeness programming
- Work with USAT on its Coach Leadership Series
- Create databases of run and swim coaches in states where combines will be positioned
- Be a sounding board for programs we do create for existing institutions
- Manage the annual year end survey
- Be a resource to a collaborative team to help grow multisport participation in the U.S. at the High School and Collegiate Levels
- Work a minimum of 10-12 hours a week for a full calendar year (September 2022 to May 25, 2023)