Under the direction of Retail Operations Manager, sells retail merchandise to guests in accordance with Company’s customer service standards and applicable operational standards. This is a part-time, seasonal position (Game Day only) that requires days, nights and weekends. Must be 16 years of age or older.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greets and acknowledges guests.
- Answers guests’ questions and assists them whenever possible.
- Recommends, selects and helps locate or obtain merchandise for guests.
- Processes sale with appropriate point of sale system, accepts payment, counts change and bags merchandise.
- Follows all register procedures and handles cash accordingly.
- Exchanges merchandise for guests and processes returns, with approval of supervisor
- Maintains records related to sales.
- Ensures that all merchandise is correctly labeled and displayed.
- Routinely stocks merchandise and faces items on shelves.
- Verifies amount of bank at beginning and the end of each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized store or stand.
- Maintains orderly back-stock and knows where goods are to be found.
- Sets aside and notifies supervisor of defective, mis-marked, mislabeled, incorrectly priced, shopworn or damaged merchandise.
- Watches for and recognizes security risks and thefts and reports to security and management.
- Completes all related close-out paperwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in cash handling preferred.
- Previous experience with operating point-of-sale systems preferred.
- Previous experience in retail or customer service environment preferred.
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company’s customer service standards.
- Good communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and co-workers
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count change.
- Willingness to aggressively sell assigned items.
- Capable of following job guidelines and supervisors' instructions.