Under the direct supervision of the Controller, this role will support the finance department and general counsel, as well as manage workers' compensation claims and correspondence, including day-to-day accounts receivable operations for the club and all subsidiaries. This position plays a significant role in long-term planning, including initiatives geared toward operational excellence; act as an ambassador and liaison for the Finance department with other Arizona Cardinals departments, stadium entities, clients, and vendors while advancing a culture of excellence and a positive, passionate, and creative work environment.
Other duties as assigned. This is a full-time position located at the Dignity Health Arizona Cardinals Training Facility in Tempe, AZ.
Primary Job Duties:
- Maintain, enter, and obtain data for all new and current customers for the club and all GP Dynamics subsidiaries; research, resolve and correspond with customers and management on inquiries and discrepancies.
- Prepare invoices for customers as requested from sponsorship agreements, loft agreements, salesforce for Insignia Event Services, and employees through GP Dynamics and distribute invoices using the Esker of Demand Platform.
- Record and enter payments for invoices and non-invoice receipts in GP Dynamics.
- Balance and reconcile GP Dynamics AR Aging with Esker on Demand/TermSync platform to ensure real-time aging is available for management, sales team members, and customers.
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, and annual tasks for audit and agreed-upon procedures.
- Review and revise all Sponsorship allocations to agree to the Agreement in preparation of ASC 606; make payments to the box office for Sponsor & Loft holder accounts as designated by the agreements.
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts for month-end close, complete journal entry preparation for recurring and reclassification entries, maintain documentation of detailed desk procedures and assist with accounting department special projects as needed.
- Complete various administrative duties such as distributing and shipping quarterly debt certificates to noteholders, preparing annual discretionary census reports, electronically filing player contracts for annual audits, coordinating business travel, and screen calls for CFO and General Counsel and taking messages as necessary.
- Reconcile monthly activity data and generate year-end reports and presentations on department performance. Maintain archival and administrative files for events and general operations.
- Assist the CFO and Legal department with projects as needed, including generating ad hoc reports and requests, and assisting as needed on special reporting.
- Electronically file and receive player and staff worker’s compensation documents and provide access for authorized requests; collaborate with legal counsel and insurance adjusters regarding medical documentation requests for players and worker compensation plans; conduct and report annual OSHA reporting for the club.
- Advanced knowledge in contract operations, accounting, business management, and project management
- Effectively implement strategic planning initiatives, use analytical thinking to make critical decisions, and solve real-world business problems
- Ability to handle workload demands as the standards increase in complexity and constant expansion
- Must be able to effectively work in extremely high-stress, fast-paced work environments where situations and timelines may require rigorous work schedules
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build client relationships and leadership skills in a high-stress environment
- Advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Proficient in PC operating systems and Microsoft Office Software with advanced knowledge of database software
- Excellent communication, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Must be detail-oriented and highly self-motivated with a shared commitment to excellence.