You’re constantly looking at how productions are made today and looking for ways to improve them going forward. You are constantly looking to improve production workflows, this could be migrating to IP video or learning about a new tool that isn't typically used. This includes new technologies that have not been used in broadcasts before.
You are someone that has always strives to understand all technologies in their fullest and want to share the information you have learned from others.
YOUR DAY TO DAY:
- You are designing and implementing new systems on your own and reach out to lead when you need help
- You can solve problems at lighting speed to make sure productions stay on air, and follow up after to make sure it fixed the “right way”, so issues don’t repeat
- Create new system designs, and ensure installation following engineering standards
- You are researching new technologies to implement in our daily workflows. You think outside the box
- You document and follow system testing and general maintenance plans for all on air systems
- Answering support emails, phone calls, pages and handling initial tier 1 troubleshooting of any issues that come your way in a timely manner
- Working with our JIRA ticketing system to log calls, researching solutions, writing SOPs to help your fellow engineers and production teams in the future
- Using tools, installing equipment in equipment racks, running cables, and configuring new equipment