Oilers Entertainment Group is looking for a Manager, Content & Programming to lead the creation and development of live events within ICE District. This position reports to the Assistant General Manager of Live Entertainment & Events. In this role, you will be responsible for curating content and producing live events which promote ICE District, including ICE Plaza and surrounding properties, as the marquee outdoor destination for entertainment in Edmonton. The ideal candidate is driven, creative, and has a demonstrated track record for building successful live events and festivals. In addition to event experience, proven industry relationships with promoters, artists, managers and local stakeholders will be an asset to this position.
Your Focus in this Role:
- Develop, plan, execute booking strategies to secure a diverse, populated, and sustainable calendar of events for all ICE District properties
- Proactively meet with content providers including promoters, event producers, festival producers, and community organizations to source leads and promote ICE District as the marquee outdoor destination for entertainment in Edmonton
- Research and identify opportunities to create programming that strengthens popularity of the ICE District, enhances the brand, and broadens the appeal to a more diverse demographic.
- Negotiate and book new business and unique events by searching the marketplace for creative, and innovative ideas for public and private events
- Prepare presentations and promotional materials for ICE District programming; conduct site tours for prospective clients
- Build ICE District rate card and rental documentation
- Negotiate, compile, and create the event term sheet and costings for venue agreements
- Collaborate with internal departments (Events, Operations, Marketing, Finance, Ticketing, Legal, etc.) and maintain an effective and productive working relationship to facilitate events
- Assist in the coordination of the NHL and WHL game-day entertainment requirements along with all other events in the master calendar at Rogers Place and ICE District
- Participate in the development of annual forecast and budget for ICE District; including monthly forecasting; monitor expenses and finalize event settlements
- Build business relationships with community organizations, local stakeholders, promoters, festival producers, and other talent purveyors through networking, seminars and local memberships
- Build and maintain relationships with OEG sponsors and suppliers
- Work closely with partnerships team on opportunities and activations within ICE District
- Bachelor's degree or college diploma preferred in combination with 5-7 years of direct programming experience within the live entertainment or events industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to collaborate, influence and build positive relationships with clients and peers at all levels
- You have a strong attention to detail; experience developing engaging and impactful presentations and proposals.
- Ability to efficiently lead and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Bluebeam software