Responsible for the overall development, coordination, supervision and promotion of risk management and safe sport matters for gymnastics programming, policy and physical literacy in BC. Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Sport Safety Officer will fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Conduct risk assessments of the organization and member clubs.
- Develop a risk registry for GymBC.
- Review, evaluate and update risk management tools.
- Ensure member compliance for GymBC waivers & Acknowledgement of Risk documents, including collection, storage and retrieval.
- Develop risk management tools and resources for GymBC to support member clubs in addressing identified priorities.
- Consult with legal counsel (or any other external contractors or stakeholders) to develop risk management tools (e.g. screening best practice).
- Facilitate injury and concussion tracking and analysis systems.
- Facilitate the implementation of and compliance with GymBC’s Screening Policy for all members identified in the policy.
- Act as intake point of contact for community concerns and complaints.
- Collaborate with CEO to facilitate the implementation of third-party complaint management processes.
- Ensure that proper record keeping is maintained when managing complaint and disciplinary processes.
- Develop and implement a strategy to educate GymBC members about Sport Safety.
- Develop and update COVID-19 resources, tracking club compliance, answering COVID questions, and other related tasks.
- Keep current with various evolving sport safety requirements and initiatives with industry partners.
- Experience & Education
- Post-secondary education or applicable experience.
- Canadian Risk Management Designation (CRM) preferred.
- WorkSafe BC experience.
- Experience working with not-for-profit organizations is an asset.
- Knowledge of BC’s amateur sport system is an asset.
- Experience in writing reports and policies for risk management and occupational health & safety.
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Excellent administrative skills required.
- Personal Characteristics
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently.
- Ability to multi task and meet expected deadlines.
- Must have superior attention to detail.