No Longer Accepting Applications
- Provide security protection for the Pistons Performance Center facility, proprietary material, and personnel within the areas of responsibility to preclude unauthorized access, theft, or intentional destruction.
- Monitor flow of personnel entering and exiting the facility. Audit personnel/visitor authorization and control activities to verify personal and organization ID.
- Ensure the protection of employees, guests, and patrons to include potential situations and physical confrontations.
- Visually inspect common areas to prevent any hazards, ensure proper safety procedures are followed and provide documentation of security, fire, and safety deficiencies.
- Escort guests and organization personnel throughout the facility as directed.
- Respond to emergency situations, including employee injuries.
- Respond to incidents, investigate, interview, and gather pertinent information to complete incident reports.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and improved security programs.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of all security orders, written and oral, pertaining to assigned duties.
- Provide an atmosphere in which all Detroit Pistons employees and visitors know that the Detroit Pistons responds to and cares about their needs; provides a courteous, respectful, and pleasant interaction with each employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presents a good image of the Pistons and its security department.
- Acts to ensure that all property removal is conducted within appropriate policy requirements.
- Knowledge and ability to administer basic First Aid instructions.
- Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned site.
- Available to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associates degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Security, law enforcement, fire/medical service or military experience required, and CPR/First Aid and AED training preferred
- Proof of Valid Driver’s license Required
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in emergencies and must possess effective communication skills
- Interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to engage with fellow Security Team members and the public in a professional manner
- Ability to navigate windows-based security software such as CCTV, access control, visitor management login/logout and fire/life safety systems
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective security operations for the protection of employees and guests
- Must be able to bend and lift objects necessary to perform primary duties
- Must be able to work in a variety of climates including heat/cold, humidity, rain and darkness
- Must be able to defend self or others, using minimal force if necessary and only in accordance with corporate use of force policies
- Scheduling flexibility and ability to work event days as well as non-event days
- Must pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle history check in accordance with company policy and periodically checked thereafter