No Longer Accepting Applications
- Assisting with development and production of mental performance materials including individualized performance plans for players.
- Assisting with and supporting delivery of group sessions in mental skills training with players.
- Shadowing full-time mental performance staff in both delivery and observation settings.
- Collaborating with staff across departments including the Sports Medicine and Performance Team (SMPT), player development (e.g. coaches, R&D), and amateur scouting.
- Exploration and utilization of sports science technologies that pertain to cognitive performance.
- Certified Mental Performance Consultant (CMPC) supervision.
- Engage in other relevant player and staff support activities as needed and requested by the mental skills and medical staff.
- Qualified candidates will possess or be in progress towards a Masters or PhD in Sport Psychology or a related field.
- Experience observing and/or participating in mental skills services delivery.
- 1-2 years of related experience (e.g. coaching, teaching) in working with athletes and teams
- Demonstrated interest in the field of sport psychology and working in baseball
- Willingness to be a member of the Arizona Diamondbacks Organization and the Mental Performance Department, functioning within its policies and procedures.
- Desire to grow and develop as a practitioner of applied sport psychology.
- Adherence to the codes of ethics of the American Psychological Association and the Association of Applied Sport Psychology (AASP)