No Longer Accepting Applications
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Associate Counsel with the Legal Department. This position will be responsible for compliance and enforcement responsibility for certain licensing and ticketing agreements, primary drafting, and negotiation, including, but not limited to Arena license agreements.
Suns Legacy Partners (SLP) strives for a work culture that aﬀords employees ﬂexibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many departments, many SLP employees participate in the SLP Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in oﬃces, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona.
What Will You Do:
- Primary drafting, negotiation, compliance and enforcement responsibility for certain licensing and ticketing agreements, including, but not limited to Arena license agreements.
- Primary responsibility for insurance renewal program, maintenance of Certificate of Insurance needs and requests and pending Arena insurance claims.
- Responsible to familiarize herself/himself with all City agreements impacting the Arena and support General Counsel in analysis and interpretation of such agreements.
- Assist General Counsel with arena lease compliance matters and projects involving City governance.
- Coordinate with outside counsel on litigation matters, including, but not limited to so-called “slip and fall” matters generally handled through insurance counsel, collection or enforcement matters and administration of subpoenas.
- Conduct legal research on relevant issues as they arise and summarize for General Counsel and senior leadership team.
- Primary responsibility for creation, maintenance and continuous implementation of a contract preparation process, storage/administration system and standardized storage policy.
- Such other matters as may be directed by the General Counsel.
- Detail oriented, hardworking, and business-minded
- Consistency in meeting deadlines
- Strong legal research and contractual/statutory interpretation abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Friendly courteous, professional and outgoing personality
- Able to productively and independently work with minimal supervision
- Strong written and oral communication skills