No Longer Accepting Applications
Contribute to the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals Spring Training Operations for the 2023 season as one of our highly valued interns. We’re looking for dynamic individuals who can contribute to our operation in West Palm Beach, Florida. The internship will work closely with front office executives, gameday staff, facilities staff and fans.
In this role, you will be an essential part of the in-game experience and help build memories that last a lifetime. We’re looking for outgoing, enthusiastic individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and desire to learn. The Marketing & Game Presentation intern will assist with a variety of tasks related to the branding and promotion of the Houston Astros and the Washington Nationals Spring Training facility.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate pregame ceremonies and game day presentation (National Anthem performances, video board, script writing, music).
- Pre-program and setting up the run of show on all Daktronics’ systems each game.
- Game day oversight of control room and production.
- Handle media credential requests and distribution.
- Able to follow directions and work well within team setting.
- Assist in development of social media content and promotion.
- Interact professionally with both clients and fans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3.0 GPA or higher working toward a degree in Sports Marketing, Graphic Design, Advertising or related field.
- Must be reliable and exhibit commitment to meeting both the work schedule and job requirements.
- Ability to work irregular/extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Fluency in current graphic design practices and web production software, such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry specific social media metrics and best practices.
- Strong conceptual skills, including online software concepts and online experience concepts.
- Knowledge of website structure and functionality (Squarespace).
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Has a strong interest and some experience in media production.
- Has some knowledge and experience in video editing and/or cinematography is a plus.
- Photography experience is a plus.
- Gameday script writing is a plus.
- Gameday Press Box/Control Room experience is a plus.
- Professional conduct, image and demeanor in an office setting.