No Longer Accepting Applications
- Develop and productionize Bayesian models to support Baseball Operations decision-making.
- Assist with the integration of baseball analysis into our proprietary tools and applications.
- Provide technical guidance to Analysts and Analytics Associates.
- Complete ad hoc data queries and effectively present analysis through the use of written reports and data visualizations.
- Monitor, identify and recommend new or emerging techniques, technologies, models and algorithms.
- Other projects as directed by Baseball Operations leadership team.
- Ph.D. in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or a related quantitative field or equivalent professional experience (3-5 years).
- Experience applying Bayesian statistical techniques (e.g. Bayesian hierarchical models) to real-world problems.
- Demonstrated expert-level knowledge of baseball-specific data and sabermetric analysis.
- Relevant work experience with statistical software (R, STATA, SPSS, SAS, or similar) and scripting languages such as Python.
- Expertise with SQL and relational databases is required.
- Experience with cloud computing preferred.
- Team player.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as dictated by the baseball calendar.