No Longer Accepting Applications
The Director, Baseball Communications will handle major responsibilities in the Texas Rangers Baseball Communications Department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Lead writer and designer of layout for all department-related publications, including media guide and postseason media guide.
- Manage team PR responsibilities and serve as team liaison on significant portion of road trips.
- Assist the Vice President of Media Relations in efforts and strategies for promoting the club.
- Lead efforts to produce high-quality information on team and its players for daily game notes and press releases.
- Manage distribution of team news and research on department Twitter account.
- Manage Communications Box site.
- Assistance with miscellaneous communications and media projects and events, including press conferences, media conference and Zoom calls, and media luncheons.
- Contribute to department obligations for various non-Rangers events at Globe Life Field.
- Oversee daily media operations during spring training.
- Contribute editorial copy to game program.
- Assist in the game day management of the press box and various other responsibilities for the writing press and broadcast levels at Globe Life Field.
- Responsible for the supervision and management of the department’s intern.
- Assist visiting team PR representatives with various gameday items.
- All other duties as assigned.
- College degree required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in related communications field.
- Strong working knowledge of baseball.
- Proficient in Microsoft software and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Self-starter, multi-task oriented with minimal supervision.
- Ability to delegate responsibility to others.
- Excellent written and public speaking skills, interpersonal skills, and decision-making skills.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends and to travel as game and event duties require.
- Communications experience as an intern or related position with professional sports team or collegiate athletic program required.