No Longer Accepting Applications
- Oversee the development and fulfillment of strategic plans for communications opportunities with business, community and Foundation related announcements and initiatives.
- Responsible for developing and building relationships with members of media outlets for increased media opportunities.
- Must be able to act as organization spokesperson for business and community issues as needed.
- Responsible for managing one staff member in business communications.
- Develop a strategic plan for building press materials for business activities, including press kits, press materials, press releases, story pitches, & talking points.
- Establish and conduct a plan for media outreach efforts via initiatives, hospitality and entertaining.
- Establish relationships with individual internal business department heads to oversee and manage coordinated efforts for all initiatives.
- Develop, arrange and coordinate interviews and media opportunities for Rangers personnel on business and community issues and initiatives.
- Production and writing of editorial copy for Rangers publications and web site for business and community activities and initiatives.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must have a minimum of five years of work experience in the communications sector with a professional or collegiate sports organization or related field or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written, verbal and phone communications skills
- Must be a self-starter, multi-task oriented with minimal supervision
- Ability to delegate responsibility to others
- Must maintain personal accountability for all tasks assigned
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Adobe InDesign preferred
- Strong proficiency in time management and organizational skills
- High degree of personal integrity and professionalism
- Able to work game and event days, evenings, weekends and holidays as required, including office work whether team is at home or on the road
- Strong desire to learn about and continue a career in the sports industry
- Working knowledge of the game of baseball
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects in a timely manner, often under tight deadlines
- Must be able to effectively take and execute directions