No Longer Accepting Applications
The Manager, Corporate Partnerships will focus on generating revenue for the organization through year-round sponsorship sales. The execution is to be action-based, creative, focused, organized and responsive. Working directly with the General Manager, this role will develop and execute their own personal business plan centered around finding new business for the organization. Cold calling will be the main channel for finding new business. Utilizing social media, asking for referrals, and other creative thinking to make contacts will also be important to achieving success.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Set appointments over the phone with corporate decision makers, with a certain number of appointments per week as a goal for success in the position.
- Provide customer service to existing sponsorship accounts by visiting with the accounts throughout the season and off-season to ensure personalized, continual contact.
- Grow sponsorship sales revenue streams through both renewals and new sales.
- Listen to each prospect’s needs carefully and match them with the assets the organization has to offer.
- Fully understand the organization’s marketing/sponsorship assets including signage, branding capabilities, social and digital assets, targeted and direct marketing capabilities, etc.
- Build professional, customized proposals for each prospect.
- Maintain personal CRM database and keep updated after each point-of-contact with a prospect or client.
- Work persistently on prospecting for quality leads that will lead to quality appointments with appropriate decision makers regarding sponsorship sales.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of proven sales experience
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once, and prioritize results
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong team work skills
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible hours: nights, weekends and holidays for baseball games or non-gameday events
- Previous work with a sports team is preferred, but not required