No Longer Accepting Applications
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Accounting Manager with the Accounting Department. This position will be responsible for supervising the accounts payable process for multiple entities, including the preparation of monthly reports, reconciliations, and journal entries. In addition to providing account analysis and ad-hoc reports upon request.
Suns Legacy Partners (SLP) strives for a work culture that aﬀords employees ﬂexibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many departments, many SLP employees participate in the SLP Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in oﬃces, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona.
What Will You Do:
- Reviews and analyzes all accounting/financial adjustments, submissions, and reports and ensures they are completed in a timely manner. Follows up and manages any issues, problems, or discrepancies.
- Provides various ad hoc reports and analysis, then presents information to district management as required.
- Review and reconcile monthly statements and prepare corresponding journal entries
- Maintain ticket and suite reporting and reconciliations
- Prepare monthly financials & reporting for JSG/JSSD
- Prepare PSC financials as needed and assist with tax return prep
- Prepare year-end audit support as needed
- Assist with Suns and Mercury league reporting as requested by the Assistant Controller
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office, advanced Excel skills
- Detail-oriented, strong analytical and problem-solving with a focus on understanding operations
- Proactive and self-motivated accounting professional, able to think independently
- Intellectual curiosity and initiative to dive in, ask questions, and figure things out
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Experience working in Great Plains, is preferred, but not required
- Effective interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Experience with general ledger, journal entry preparation, monthly/annual close processes