No Longer Accepting Applications
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within industry, local market and corporate/non-sports media.
- Identify compelling and creative sports and corporate/non-sports storylines to pitch to media and bring them to life.
- Assist in coordination of events such as press conferences, match days, community events, media days, etc.
- Support the development of departmental publications (e.g., press releases, media advisories, game notes, media guide, strategy and messaging, etc.).
- Monitor and report on team coverage in new and traditional local and national media.
- Compile, archive and distribute local and national media clips.
- Maintain and update all media archives, including quotes repository and press materials.
- Will be expected to work all Des Moines Menace home matches including helping with stadium setup/teardown, promotions, customer service, and marketing initiatives.
- Knowledge and interest in soccer and sports.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Show proficiency in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and the Creative Suite
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects at a time with tight deadlines.
- Passion for engaging audiences, working with others, storytelling, outside the box thinking and pushing the creative boundaries of sports video content.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge of social media monitoring.
- Proven team player who is willing to work long days, nights, and weekends