The Event Coordinator is responsible for the administrative support and coordination of all aspects of major stadium wide events as assigned for the Dallas Cowboys and AT&T Stadium from conception to completion The ideal candidate has great customer service skills, the ability to multitask and the ability to work in a fast paced but exciting environment. The Event Coordinator reports to the Senior Event Manager.
- Review technical riders, have discussions with promoters and representatives about requests and requirements directly related to each assigned event.
- Conduct venue visits / stadium walkthroughs with event clients and representatives to aid in all phases of event planning.
- Develop and publish event production notes for events as assigned.
- Generate various event documents (including, but not limited to, event diagrams, event information sheets, instructions for event clients and different event constituent groups).
- Provide clients and affiliated departments with necessary pre-event and post-event correspondence.
- Work in conjunction with the Ticket Office and Promoter to develop CAD drawings and assist as needed with preparation of On-Sale for assigned events.
- Anticipate production, logistical and operation problems. Identify appropriate solutions and project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of organizational objectives.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, co-workers, part-time staff, contractors and patrons.
- Assist with the ongoing coordination among different departments and standard operating procedures to ensure the effective, efficient and safe operation of event activities.
- Work with event sales and marketing staff on the coordination of event activities for the entire stadium
- Assist in the preparation of budgets relative to event operations
- Perform other functions and activities as directed by the Senior Event Manager
- Degree in Business, Communications, Sports Management or a related area of study preferred.
- 2+ years of experience coordinating events at a venue of a similar size required.
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) required.
- Demonstrate knowledge in event production, including audio/visual, facility rigging and industry terminology.
- Proficiency in design programs including AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop & Microsoft Visio Professional preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to simultaneously manage a high level of detail across multiple projects.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and quickly adapt to changes while maintaining high levels of productivity and effectiveness under pressure.
- Ability to work well within a team environment, offering assistance and support to team members whenever necessary.
- Ability to balance internal priorities with client expectations.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.