Volleyball Canada is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in all respects, including hiring a workforce that is reflective of the diverse population of Canada with respect to age, gender, ethnicity, religion, ability, sexual orientation, education and culture. We actively encourage applications from persons who identify as women, indigenous peoples, person with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and members of visible minorities. Self-identification by candidates is completely voluntary.
General communications assistance
- Content Development: producing written content, coordinating, and sourcing video content
and imagery with service providers (bios, articles, limited video content etc)
- Support the development and maintenance of website and other digital tools for VC, including the app, ensuring information is current.
- Support, integrate and execute use of VC app for events
- Ensuring VC communications are fully bilingual (work with service providers)
- Support other programs as required (content/messaging/guidelines) including but not
limited to NEP, Canada Cup and VC Combine.
- Online store admin assistance when needed.
- Nationals’ newsletter coordination (create and distribute monthly)
- Coordinate the planning of Nationals event (s) webcasting, social media calendar,
overseeing videography and photography providers. Work onsite to ensure fulfillment/ quality.
- Participate in planning with events teams and communications staff (virtual, in person,
- Coordinate the creation of digital media content, as well as collect and review content for
accuracy, relevance and timeliness to communicate relevant Nationals messages
- Ensuring communications materials meet branding guidelines.
- Create communication packages for host partners, and service providers as needed. Work
with Partnerships Coordinator on co-branding with sponsors/partners and activation fulfillment.
- Post-event legacy – labelling and storage of digital content including photos and video.
- Contribute to post-event reporting (communications and social media data).
- General and International Events
- Participate in the communications/marketing planning of international events when schedule
- Creating press releases for National Team events when assigned.
- Canada Games communications liaison (on site).
- Digital legacy – labelling and storage of photos and video.
- Coordination of digital marketing pieces that support the event’s marketing plan.
- Onsite international events communications coordination according to event requirements/guidelines including writing and social media.
- Assist in producing/update NT bios and headshots.
- Excellent communication skills with experience in content creation.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with staff as well as external service providers.
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office is required, and basic skills in other software such as Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat Pro. Experience with web site content management systems is an asset.
- The ability to work independently demonstrating good judgment, analytical, negotiation and business skills in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to set priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- A valid driver’s license is an asset.
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset