The Community Relations/Fan Development Event Staff is a fan facing position. Our staff work events where they come face to face with fans and future fans of the organization. For this reason, we are looking to bring on candidates with exceptional communication skills, strong work ethics and positive demeanors. This role will focus on fan growth within our market through grassroot programs, introducing the game of hockey to local youth via land variations of the game, fundraising for the organizations non-profit arm and assisting the Community Relations team with day-to-day tasks that help to foster relationships between the Organization and the community. The position requires schedule flexibility as working schedules are built around an events calendar and home game schedule throughout the season and offseason.
Show Us You Can
- Assist in setup, execution and breakdown of Islanders events that take place off-site in the community or onsite at Islanders owned and operated facilities. Inclusive of Islanders Community Events Tour, Islanders @School Program, Islanders Street Hockey Program, Islanders Home Games, and additional fan forward facing events.
- Be Responsible for operational needs and activation of the Islanders Community Events Tour. Inclusive of prepping of team vehicles for upcoming events, set up of interactive games at events, handout of promotional items.
- Responsible for fan engagement, data collection and proper storage of data following each event
- Assist with planning and solicitation of donations for Islanders premiere fundraising events inclusive of the Islanders Golf Outing benefitting the Islanders Children’s Foundation
- Be available to assist the Community Relations Department at Islanders home games throughout the course of the season building awareness of community related programs and taking an active role in game night fundraising including the 50/50 raffle and various game night fundraising initiatives.
- Take an active role in growing the game by helping with various street hockey and floorball related programs. Candidates will be onsite to help host and facilitate documentation of programs.
- Help with day to day clerical tasks such as sorting mail, data entry, donation fulfillment and organization of department storage areas.