No Longer Accepting Applications
- Statistical modeling, machine learning, and quantitative analysis of a variety of data sources, for the purpose of player evaluation, strategic decision-making, decision analysis, etc.
- Present analysis and insights to greater baseball operations group in clear concise manner through written and visual means.
- Maintain and develop understanding of current state of analytics and technology in baseball as well as using expertise to recommend new and emerging methods.
- Use fresh perspective to recommend improvements to current Diamondbacks analytical processes.
- Perform ad-hoc research projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field such as statistics, predictive analytics, data science, engineering, applied math, physics, computer science, computer vision, etc.
- Proficiency with database technologies including SQL.
- Demonstrated experience with programming languages (e.g., R or Python).
- Strong ability to communicate technical ideas to non-technical audiences using data visualization.
- High level understanding and passion for the game of baseball.
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail while balancing multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work evening, weekend, and holiday hours.