At Sport Manitoba, we fund and plan sports programs to promote the development of vibrant citizens and a thriving sport community in Manitoba. As a not-for-profit organization, we aim to ensure every Manitoban has access to the resources they need to achieve their full athletic potential, and we do this every day by developing the skill sets of Manitoba’s athletes, coaches, volunteers, and officials. For more information on Sport Manitoba visit www.sportmanitoba.ca
Reporting to the Director of Sport, the Senior Manager Grants & Development will be a member of the management team and will participate in shaping the strategic direction of Sport Manitoba. The position will be primarily responsible for leading a team in the management and oversight of all granting processes. Other areas of responsibility include consultative support to sport partner organizations, implementation of the safe sport framework, oversight of programs and partnerships related to Indigenous sport, Women & Girls, Parasport and Newcomer organizations.
What we offer:
- Employee group insurance benefits (includes medical, dental, vision, EAP)
- Group Pension Plan
- Free fitness membership
- Subsidized transportation/parking
- Professional development opportunities
- Relevant degree in sport/recreation management or business administration.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in related work/volunteer experience in amateur sport delivery.
- Experience working with not-for-profit organizations.
- Excellent organizational, planning, time management and leadership skills.
- Understanding of accounting principles as a foundation for developing and maintaining internal controls and budget oversight.
- Understanding of granting evaluation and processes.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization.
- Must be able to work extra time outside of normal office hours as required.
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset.