Other core duties include communicating with various offices including the NCAA Athletic Certification officer, Compliance, and On Grounds faculty, as well as maintaining appropriate files and records of academic information, diligently monitoring athletic eligibility and academic progress according to grade reports. This position requires consistent and open communication with coaches and staff and a thorough understanding of NCAA, ACC, and University guidelines and regulations.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage an effective process of monitoring student-athlete academic progress, incorporating current best practices in the profession. Read reports regularly and communication with service providers (tutors, Learning Specialists, and Academic Mentors) and faculty to consistently recalibrate individualized student services.
- Serve as the academic coordinator to assigned teams; monitor their academic progress; while also connecting student-athletes to professional development resources and more holistic student-athlete development.
- Communicate with assigned coaching staff through scheduled academic meetings; regularly and promptly share detailed information regarding the ongoing academic progress of assigned student-athletes.
- Communicate appropriately with coaching staff through formal and informal meetings; regularly and promptly share detailed information regarding the ongoing academic progress of assigned student-athletes through delineated channels.
- Initiate and maintain regular contact with faculty of student-athletes on your caseload or those who may be presenting concern.
- Navigate complex bureaucracy, resources, and academic requirements to help student-athletes meet their academic and athletic goals.
- Connect student-athletes to resources for their career, personal, leadership, and academic development.
- Support or oversee one or more aspects of our academic support programming.
- Serve as the academic representative to assigned teams for on-campus recruiting operations.
- With a thorough understanding of NCAA legislation and continuing eligibility serve as the point of contact for monitoring and projecting student-athlete academic outcomes.
- Promote positive working relationships with faculty throughout Grounds.
- Monitor student-athletes’ NCAA academic eligibility using university student systems and established internal degree-tracking forms.
- Regularly communicate the progress, outcomes, and direction of work to the supervisor and make recommendations concerning improvement of programs and services.
- Support department and campus-wide student success efforts through participation in a variety of department activities and committee work.