The Photography Intern is responsible for assisting with the management of all photo content for the Pittsburgh Pirates. This includes assisting our Photographer in tagging and organization of photo libraries and serving as the secondary photographer. This role will also assist our Photographer in covering non-baseball events such as community appearances and other team initiatives as needed.
- The Photography Intern is responsible for assisting with the management of all photo content for the Pittsburgh Pirates
- This includes assisting the lead photographer in tagging and organization of photo libraries and serving as the secondary game day photographer.
- Photo intern will also assist the Lead Photographer in covering non-baseball events such as community appearances and other team initiatives & activations as needed.
- Assist with the organization of all internal and external photography.
- Be available to photograph all Pirates events, baseball and non-baseball, as determined by organization.
- Assist Lead Photographer in maintaining and overseeing digital photo archiving system.
- Assist Lead Photographer in providing shot lists and photo direction for key publications and campaigns.
- Provide overflow support to creative services department (may include shooting video in limited situations).
- Always represent the Pittsburgh Pirates in a positive and professional manner.
- All other duties assigned by Director, Story & Production.
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
- Degree-Seeking Program at Junior, Senior or Graduate level, majoring in Marketing, Communications, Photography, or a related field.
- Must be available for the entire duration of the internship (March – end of Pirates baseball season).
- At least one year of professional photography experience, specializing in sports and entertainment.
- Experience with photo shoots from concept to completion.
- Professional photography skills, specializing in sports and entertainment (including portfolio).
- Knowledge of Photoshelter, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat and Bridge.
- The ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and some holidays.