No Longer Accepting Applications
Under the Ground Managers supervision, interns will learn and participate in the overall planning and maintenance of both IMS grounds and golf course maintenance. Perspective interns should have the goal of working as a Golf Course Superintendent or in the Sports Business or Management industry. This is a hands-on learning experience intended with optional extracurricular activities to help the candidate grow professionally. This is a flexible internship; begin and end dates can be adjusted along with daily work schedules to accommodate school schedules or other situations.
- Be a part of the unique preparations and event execution of the Month of May concluding with the Indianapolis 500 and other events from the facilities and grounds management perspective.
- Under the guidance of the Golf & Grounds leadership team, participate in the planning, carrying out, and follow up of all agronomic practices performed on the IMS campus.
- Assist in all aspects of maintaining a championship level golf course.
- Experience the continuation of a campus wide and golf course modernization projects.
- Assist the Irrigation Coordinator in maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing an irrigation system with over 5,000+ irrigation heads.
- Assists Assistant Grounds Managers in scheduling, conducting tasks, and follow up of projects.
- Assist in the calibration and application of plant protection products and fertilizers.
- Assists in community outreach project maintaining properties of active-duty military families.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the company and the Vision, Mission and Values.
- Complete regular ‘Career Advancement Assignments’ to strengthen resume moving forward.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Candidate must possess positive attitude, strong work ethic, attention to detail, eagerness to learn and organizational skills.
- High integrity, strong people skills, and effective communication skills.
- Innovative thinker and self-starter with perseverance to work on a team to succeed.
- Requires valid driver's license.