No Longer Accepting Applications
Under the direction of the Grounds Superintendent and the Equipment Manager, the Equipment Maintenance Technician assists in the repairing and maintenance of all powered grounds and golf maintenance and construction equipment. Assists in maintaining a clean service area and maintenance building, contributes to the preventive maintenance program, and places safety procedures as a top priority.
- Must maintain a clean and orderly service area and assist staff in maintaining an orderly shop yard.
- Communicates any needs or problems relating to maintenance or repair of equipment with the Equipment Manager.
- Inspects, diagnoses, adjusts and repairs mechanical problems/failures in various pieces of maintenance equipment on a regular basis.
- Prioritizes equipment repair and maintenance work with Equipment Manager, Grounds Superintendent and Grounds Managers.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program within budget on all equipment, and purchases repair parts and supplies.
- Adjust cutting heights and backlap reel units.
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with supply partners.
- Keeps maintenance equipment fueled, oiled and inspected; and performs related tasks as required.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Requires valid driver's license.
- Working knowledge of the theory and care of internal combustion engines.
- High integrity.
- Effective mechanical aptitude.
- Requires skill in the use of a variety of equipment repair tools, and the making of various types of mechanical repairs.
- Strong people skills.
- Innovative thinker and self-starter.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Effective working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the profession.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written direction.
- 5-8 years experience in mechanical and/or technical roles