No Longer Accepting Applications
The Intern – International Scouting Strategy will be learning and assisting the Milwaukee Brewers player acquisition in the foreign amateur and professional spaces in an office-based role. This position will support the day-to-day functions of the International Scouting department and assist in the development of overall department strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assess and evaluate scouting coverage strategy and provide evidence-based recommendations to department leadership
- Conduct ad-hoc research on international scouting trends and strategy within the industry
- Assist in creating an efficient and thorough process for prospect identification
- Analyze new and existing sources of data available for International prospects
- Learn about and support evaluative methods and efforts within the International Scouting department
- Assist decision-making systems and processes
- Support operational, compliance, and administrative tasks to ensure high-functioning departmental workflow
- Fulfill any additional needs of Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Operations as requested
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Proficiency with SQL
- Knowledge of baseball evaluative methods and terminology
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to parallel process tasks on deadline.
- Effective communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with supervisors, front office staff, players, and coaches.
- Processed-focused with the ability to problem-solve across tasks
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel