No Longer Accepting Applications
As a key member of Swimming Canada’s team, this coordinator position will be responsible for the coordination and administration of several key areas of Swimming Canada’s Sport Development Program including the Officials Certification Pathway and Education System, Masters programming as well as support the planning and operations for Swimming Canada National Competitions.
- Coordinate the Swimming Canada Education System for Officials, create e-learning modules and increase the features in the e-learning system
- Coordinate the delivery of clinic materials based on guidance provided by the Officials Certification Pathway Working Group and Officials, Competition and Rules Committee (OCRC).
- Provide support to the OCRC in redefining the Officials Certification Pathway
- Coordinate, in conjunction with the OCRC the development of the new Swimming Canada rulebook
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Officials Recognition Program
- Coordinate the logistics (travel, accommodation, etc.) for appointed officials at Swimming Canada and International Events
- Coordinate the Officials Symposium
- Assist the Classification Lead and Pathway Systems and Classification Manager with the administration of domestic classifications.
- Support the Officials Education Task Group and the Officials, Competitions and Rules Committee as required.
- Provide program support, through collaboration with the provincial sections, to Masters Swimming
- Maintain and oversee the Masters National Records
- Coordinate the creation of new programming in collaboration with provincial sections to support Masters Swimming in Canada
- Support the planning and execution of the Canadian Masters Championships
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Sport Development
- Capable of working independently, setting and achieving project objectives
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work comfortably in a deadline driven environment.
- Technical swimming experience and knowledge is considered to be a strong asset.
- Ability to work closely with membership agencies and external stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working level of bilingualism – English/French
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent administrative skills
- Experience with e-learning software
- Strong ability to work with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.)
- Ability to create and manage data collection tools such as Survey Monkey, Google Docs