No Longer Accepting Applications
The core responsibility of this position is to work with the VP of Sales and Marketing to ensure the continued growth of the Major League Dragon Boat events. This will include proactively seeking out strategic opportunities, engaging new corporations and organizations, and building relationships with highly engaged teams and individuals. If you are a self-starter, results oriented, and possess the business development talent to establish and maintain a client base, then this is the job for you.
- Develop new ways to engage continued and/or new participation in the events.
- Engage and support existing and new corporate team development and implement a program to achieve growth targets.
- Work with the charitable partner and its’ volunteers to engage key stakeholders, vendors, employees and supporters to both participate and fundraise.
- Develop a plan to engage groups on an individual and team basis to keep their interest and commitment to ongoing support and engagement in the events.
- Look at external best practices to ensure events have continued success.
- Inventory management of GWN’s retail operations.
- Manage and operate the pop-up retail tour at MLDB and other events.
- Oversee the development of the online sales portal.
- Passion for the vision, entrepreneurship, partnerships and accountability
- Demonstrated strength in project management
- Demonstrated understanding of events and marketing management
- Strong communication skills
- Results-oriented, able to set priorities and deliver consistently to a high professional standard
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent decision making skills with the ability to make recommendations and to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
- Ability to work effectively and calmly under pressure/stressful conditions and to meet multiple and competing deadlines
- Manages people and financial resources effectively and efficiently
- Exercises initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical, evaluation and assessment skills
- Adapts to and implements change and facilitates its acceptance by others