No Longer Accepting Applications
The developer will work on a small team to build and maintain an internal web application used by scouts, coaches, player development staff, and the baseball operations front office. Some key features of the site include scouting reports, video, player projections, custom reports and tools, and the display of both public and proprietary metrics related to player performance and evaluation.
We prefer candidates who are willing to relocate to Washington, DC area for in person/hybrid work at Nationals Park but are willing to consider a fully remote option for exceptional candidates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and test new features, working on both the frontend and backend of the application
- Support and maintain existing features
- Investigate and resolve bugs
- Develop and deploy data imports and other background processing jobs
- Work closely with R&D analysts to display public and private metrics
- Write documentation
- Participate in code reviews
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to write clean, concise, and maintainable code
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Understanding of relational database schema design, experience using MySQL & PostgreSQL, and comfort writing direct SQL statements.
- Experience with data visualization is preferred.
- Experience with Linux and using command line tools is preferred.
- Experience working with a large inherited codebase is a plus.
- Authorized to work in the United States