The incumbent will be an extension of Charlotte FC’s Communications Team, however, will serve as the primary point of contact for Charlotte FC’s MLS Next Pro Team. In this capacity, the candidate will be integrated with the club and will coordinate all media requests, track all press mentions, write match communications and player updates, and provide media support at all club matches.
- Primary club contact/liaison for Charlotte FC’s MLS Next Pro Team
- Filter, organize and coordinate all media requests
- Create media cadence with Head Coach, team staff and players to ensure that media requests and interviews are coordinated appropriately and with the Teams schedule in mind
- Provide media support at all matches, both home and away
- Write media communications with team updates and player news
- Stay informed and up to date on MLS Next Pro news across the league and share any updates with Communications Department as necessary
- Supplementary contact for Charlotte FC, as needed; serve in a back-up capacity with the Communications Team for Charlotte FC matches. MLS Next Pro matches are the priority
- Work with Community Relations team to proactively plan and promote player appearances throughout the season.
- Provide communications support across departments within the organization as needed (Ex. Marketing, Ticket Sales, etc.)
- Assist with day-to-day planning and management of all communications needs
- Additional related duties as assigned