The Premier Lacrosse League is seeking an Events Travel Manager to oversee all travel for the league including staff, athletes, and executives. As an integral part of the Event Operations Team, the Travel Manager will liaise with the Lacrosse Product Team on all PLL team travel (players, coaches, and medical staff) as well as manage hotel, and ground transportation for entire PLL Traveling parties. The Events Travel Manager will be the subject matter expert on travel for the league.
- Travel coordination for PLL League including but not limited to flights/trains, hotel rooms, ground transportation including buses and rental cars.
- Travel to each event weekend to manage hotel, buses, and catering on site.
- Liaise with Lacrosse Product Team to ensure all team air/rail travel is booked and hotel rooming lists match travel dates.
- Manage approvals on all Air and Rail travel through online booking tool including for staff and special guests as needed.
- Lead relationship with PLL travel agency.
- Coordinate with Lacrosse Product on other team needs including but not limited to hotel meeting spaces, bus schedules, hotel rooming lists, last minute changes.
- Manage hotel bookings start to finish for the season including RFP process, rooming lists, straight through to budget reconciliation and billing for entire traveling party including players and coaches.
- Manage hotel room blocks directly for entire travel party.
- Lead communication and travel details with staff throughout the season.
- Create staff schedules and complete run of show for event weekends.
- Plan and manage budgets for all staff meals onsite as well as liaise with Lacrosse Product team on athlete meal times/menus.
- Create training documentation on travel policies and procedures for new hires.
- Negotiate vendor rates and contracts in each market including but not limited to hotels, ground transportation, rail/air, and other services as needed.
- Help develop and enforce strict booking timelines and travel budget for both staff and players/coaches.
- Manage and communicate with third party travel service providers as necessary.
- Maintain a high level of communication with all designated points of contact.
- Operate in a manner that is both efficient and cost-effective.
- Assist Event Operations team in other duties as assigned.