The Director of Event Operations will spearhead event design & programming as well as lead the execution of event operations and parking strategies. The position will manage the day-to-day operations and activities of parking and event logistics collaboratively and inclusively.
- The Director is accountable to site planning, vendor management, logistics, and overall event management for Chiefs Football events. Support Arrowhead Events in planning, and execution of large-scale events such as festivals, concerts and third-party events held at GEHA Field at Arrowhead through effective communication and planning with both internal and external resources, partners, and vendors.
- Responsible for parking operation & event day management of the entire parking operation. Maintain key relationships with Premier Parking, KCPD, MoDOT and gameday vendors.
- Lead the development and accountable to the budgeting, staffing levels, and labor utilization for Chiefs Football Events.
- Collaborate with sponsorship, sales, marketing, and other departments to ensure partner event needs & gameday activations are satisfied.
- Prepare and maintain required reports & records for Kansas City Chiefs, key stakeholders, and upper management team, including evet recap notes & internal collaboration efforts to provide solutions to event day challenges.
- Responsible for exterior activations and programming, including Ford Tailgate District & Tailgate Suites. Lead all aspects of the Tailgate Suites operation, including vendor management, production timing, on-site & off-site labor needs as well as inventory management.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures, Checklists, and training manuals for areas of oversight and institute culture of process and accountability.
- Support oversight of event command post/parking command and event incident tracking systems conducting regular analysis of operational data. Identify trends and opportunities to streamline operations and enhance the guest experience.
- Responsible for the operational aspects of ensuring the property around Jackson County Sports Authority Complex is appropriately configured based on the internal needs, including but not limited to parking needs, perimeter needs, directional signage and identifying common area damage or repairs necessary to provide a safe venue for all guests visiting GEHA Field at Arrowhead.