The Kansas City Royals Affiliate Nutrition Fellow is responsible for providing our minor league players with effective strategies to perform at the highest level, optimize their performance, and coordinating the nutrition services for their affiliate team. Acting as an onsite presence for performance nutrition and supporting all in-season initiatives.
- Implementation of the Kansas City Royals Nutrition System.
- Maintain effective communication regarding athlete nutrition with the Nutrition department, strength and conditioning and medical departments.
- Assess and analyze dietary habits, body composition, and energy balance of players to enhance and maintain athletic performance.
- Conduct nutrition consultations to provide individualized nutrition strategies for players based on needs and/or goals.
- Work with the medical team to provide medical nutrition therapy to help manage and monitor medical conditions as well illness & injury recovery.
- Stay up to date on scientific research and trends about sports and medical nutrition.
- Monitor the use of supplements by each player, promoting the NSF Certified for Sport program.
- Assist with NSF Certified for Sports supplement inventory and distribution.
- Collaborate with team physicians, field staff, coaches, athletic trainers, catering companies on athlete nutritional needs.
- Integrate nutrition protocols and education with injured players and the injury rehabilitation staff.
- Oversee minor league nutrition needs adhering to assigned budgets.
- Collaborate on fatigue management and performance outcomes with other departments.
- Coordinate and provide nutritional guidance for meals and snacks at all affiliates for both home and away clubhouses.
- Coordinate meals with home clubhouse managers, caterers and/or chefs.
- Provide performance nutrition education through created documents, presentations, digital communication, and other various teaching methods.
- Collaborate with the Director of Sports Nutrition in the development of education and growth for the Kansas City Royals Performance Nutrition system.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the Director of Sports Nutrition.
- Hours include nights, weekends, and some holidays