- Serve as a media relations assistant to the team’s broadcaster, helping to compile game notes, stat packs, game programs, write press releases and assist with any needs of local media or visiting media at Wild Things’ home games.
- Serve as manager of the press box (media) during the game along with team’s broadcaster.
- Conceptualize, write and edit engaging brand messages, headlines, body copy and specifics for print, digital, emails, newsletters, web copy, features and press released.
- Assist the social media team with any content needed.
- Help broadcasters with shows as needed (schedule guests, log/digitize video, write scripts, generate ideas, may host pre or post-game shows)
- Operate scoreboard or serve as official scorer (experience with Pointstreak system preferred but not required)
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a field of communications, PR, marketing or a related field (i.e. sport management)
- Getting school credit for the internship (loose)
- Passion for sports, baseball • A strong work ethic couple with the ability to work with others
- Energy to thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable environment
- Must be available to work from the beginning of the May to at least near the end of the season
- Self-starter, pro-active and highly motivated
- Have great communications and interpersonal skills, along with a positive and energetic personality
- Learn quickly and work well under pressure
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient understanding of broadcast equipment, streaming devices
- Basic knowledge of the Mac operating system as well as PC video-streaming software
- Positive attitude and willingness to go the extra mile
- Able to assume other responsibilities as required